Talbingo is the ultimate mountain adventure playground and GPO Mountain Sports has all the gear and advice to get you out there. There are almost too may options to choose from!!
Year-round options to get out in the fresh mountain air include:
- The enormous waterways of Talbingo and Blowering lakes for water skiing, wakeboarding, fishing, boating, paddleboarding, and swimming.
- Mountain streams and waterfalls to explore including Buddong Falls, Landers Falls and Mill Creek Falls, and Jounama Creek.
- Yarrangobilly Caves and the year-round swimming option of the thermal pool
- Mountain bike trails in and out of the township including the Foreshore Trail and the MTB Skills Park.
- Walking trails that go on for miles including Blowering Cliffs, Mill Creek Falls, Jounama Creek, Alpine Walking Track.
- Lookouts at Landers Falls, Black Perry, Talbingo Dam, Pilot Hill, and Blowering Cliffs.
- Mountain Huts at Yarrangobilliy Village, Jounama Homestead, Long Plain, and Kiandra
- Snowsports include downhill skiing at Selwyn Snow Resort, tobogganing, snowshoeing, fat (snow) biking, and XC skiing.
GPO Mountain Sports (located in the Shopping Centre in Talbingo) has a huge range of hire gear for all your adventures in and around Talbingo for all seasons including snow chains for the winter drives up into the alpine areas, mountain bikes. We also have a great range of year-round retail gear and accessories.
Phone, email, or drop in for any questions you have on things to do in the area. Rental gear for all seasons gear can be booked online on our website.
The Mountains are Calling.........
The Go Play Outside Team