Here are some of the most commonly asked questions from our customers.
Where can I find more information on Talbingo and things to do?
For all things Talbingo visit www.exploretalbingo.com.au or just give us a call.
Hiring equipment has many advantages over owning for both the personal and group user including
- saving you money - hiring is in most cases cheaper than owning,
- allowing you to "try before you buy",
- avoiding the situation of getting stuck with old gear that has little or no value,
- having access to the latest equipment,
- having no maintenance costs or worries,
- not having the problem of storage,
- reliability and knowing that the equipment will be in good working order when you need it.
Can I book equipment for hire?
Yes. It is advisable for equipment to be booked as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Bookings can be made online or via email. A deposit may be required to reserve equipment at the time of booking unless a prior arrangement has been made.
Please refer to our conditions of hire for details. Unfortunately, bookings cannot be made less than 24 hours prior to arriving unless a special arrangement has been made with one of our booking staff.
How do I make a booking for gear?
Booking gear with us is quick and easy. Here's all you need to do:-
- View our hire list and choose what gear you need.
- Read our conditions of hire.
- Make a booking through our online booking system and advise us of relevant size information for each person such as (ie height, weight, foot size in mm etc.). This will help us to size the gear for you and have gear ready for you to try on when you arrive. Size adjustment can then be made on the spot. By supplying accurate size information, we can ensure that will have gear available for you.
- Please advise when you expect to be picking the gear up
- If you are having any problems with booking online you can email us your requirements, size information, and when you would like to pick the gear up.
- When we receive your booking we will contact you with a confirmation email and ask for any other information that we may need.
- When you arrive in Talbingo we will have your gear ready for you to try on and make any size changes if required.
- The balance of payment will be required when you pick up your gear from us.
- Please note that all bookings should be confirmed 24hours prior to your arrival.
If you have any questions about making a booking with us just email or phone us on (02)6936 0951
How can I pay for hire equipment and products?
Payment can be made by cash, Mastercard, Visa, Amex, or PAYPAL.
What if I have a problem with the equipment?
In the slight chance that anything is wrong with the equipment, we ask our customers to give us a call straight away and let us know what the problem is. We will advise how to correct or any corrective action that may be required to get you back on the slopes. We haven't had a problem yet that couldn't be sorted out.
When you pick up the equipment from us we will make sure that everything is correctly fitted and advise about any fine-tuning (ski and board boots) that can be done easily by the customer if required. Of course, you are welcome to drop back and see us if you have any concerns or just give us a call.
Do I need snow chains?
The RMS recommends that chains be carried during the snow season (June to October) by all vehicles in the Kosciuszko National Park. Snow chains should be fitted as directed by authorised NPWS, RMS and Police officers or as the conditions require. In some cases correctly fitting chains must be carried by 2WD and some AWD vehicles. Failure to do so may incur a fine exceeding $200.
4WD vehicles are not required by law to carry snow chains but due to the high incidence of 4WD vehicle accidents in Kosciuszko National Park during the snow season, the RMS now recommends they do, especially if drivers have little experience driving in snow/ice risk sections.
Weather can change quickly in the mountains so it is best to be prepared for the worst. The last place that you want to be caught is in a blizzard. Its usually a long wait for help!
More information about driving in the snow can be found here.
Do I need to pay to enter the National Park?
Entry into the national park is currently $29 per day per car and is required for all vehicles visiting/parking at Selwyn Snowfields car parks. These are available from the entry station located at Kiandra on The Link Road. To save time these passes are also available from Talbingo which means you will not have to queue up on the mountain. Further information can be found on the NSW National Parks website.
Can I arrange for hire equipment to be delivered and picked up?
In some cases, we can deliver equipment to your accommodation in Talbingo but in most cases, you will need to drop by our store and try on the gear you require to get the sizing right. Contact us for more information regarding this. We are only 5 minutes away from all accommodation in Talbingo.
What do I need to hire equipment?
A valid driver's license or passport for identification is all that is required for all equipment hire.
Can I buy ex-hire gear?
Yes. Ex rental gear may be available during the year. We also have a huge range of gear available for sale in our stores and online.